Research Mode Programme
A Guide to the Preparation, Submission and Examination of Thesis
- IPS has published a guide which is designed to assist students to prepare their theses available at IPS website (www.ips.usm.my). The guide sets out the requirements for the format.
- This guide is to facilitate the processes involved in the submission of the thesis
Notice of Submission of Thesis
- A Masters or PhD student is required to submit the form IPS/Exam – 01, at least three (3) months prior to submitting ten draft copies of the thesis. At this point, payment of the Thesis Examination Fee must be made at the Bursary. A copy of the receipt of payment should be submitted to IPS together with the draft copies of thesis.
- A student’s status must be active in order to submit this notice.
- A student has to submit a written application endorsed by the main supervisor requesting for an extension of the notice of submission of the thesis if he/she fails to submit the ten draft copies within the three (3) months period.
- A student has to submit the draft copies of the thesis after three(3)mounts the date Notice Submission of Thesis (form IPS/Exam-10)
- A student who fails to submit the ten draft copies of the thesis within six (6) months after the submission of the Notice of Submission of Thesis, has to resubmit a new notice of submission form IPS/Exam – 01 to IPS for approval.