Submission of draft copies of the Thesis
The submission of a thesis must be made during the period of candidature after a student has fulfilled the minimum period of candidature.
- PS will not accept any thesis that has not been written in accordance with the prescribed format.
- A student has to ensure, when submitting the draft copies of the thesis to IPS, the form IPS/Exam – 02 has been completed properly, i.e. the title of the thesis and its translated version written clearly, and that the main supervisor and the respective Dean/Director of the School/Centre for verification and confirmation have endorsed it.
- Should there be any changes to the title of the draft copies of the soft bound thesis, i.e. the title is different from the original title in the Notice of Submission of Thesis form, IPS/Exam – 01, the candidate has to obtain a written confirmation from the main supervisor (form IPS/Exam – 01, Section B) and approval from the respective Dean/Director of the School/Centre before the thesis can be submitted to IPS.
Submission of final copies of the Thesis
- Once the necessary corrections have been made and incorporated into the thesis, a student is required to complete the Submission of Final Copies of Thesis form, IPS/Exam – 03 and obtain the signature of the Main Supervisor and respective Dean/Director of the School/Centre/Unit. The final content of the thesis is to be produced on a CD. Ensure that documentation of the thesis is spelt out clearly on the CD label. The CD can then be submitted to IPS together with the three (3) hard bound copies of the thesis.
- If the Main Supervisor/Co-Supervisor or the Internal Examiner is the Dean/Director of the School/Centre where the student is registered, the endorsement and approval of form, IPS/Exam – 03 (Section C) will be officially stamped by the Dean of the Institute of Graduate Studies.