- THE PTPTN EDUCATION LOAN SCHEME
Providing education loans to students pursuing their studies in local institutions of higher learning (IPT). This loan will enable students to fully or partially pay their fees and their subsistence for the duration of their studies in the IPT. Thus, this scheme provides greater opportunities to students to continue their tertiary education.
MyBrain15 Programme under the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia
The MyBrain15 is a special funding programme initiated by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia under the Pelan Strategik Pengajian Tinggi Negara (PSPTN). It aims to to create a pool of brilliant human resources as catalyst for dynamic research and innovation activities. Under this programme the Malaysian Government targets 60,000 Malaysian PhD holders as output.
Student Scholarship from Unplag
Briefly, the key points are the following:
Criteria: In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be:
- At least eighteen (18) years old;
- Currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate or graduate program (current student);
Everyone who is applying should submit an essay written in English following guidelines (details on the official website)
Value: 1 x $ 2,000 (US)
Deadline: March 1, 2016
Application: through online contact form or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
MALAYSIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP (MIS)
The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government's effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS)
· The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government's effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
· Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities. This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies.
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- Not be more than 40 years (Postgraduate) and 45 years (Post-doctoral) of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
· Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
· Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
· Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
· Universiti Malaya (UM)
· Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
· Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
· Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
· Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
· Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
· Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
· Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
· Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
· Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
· Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
· Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
· Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
· Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
· Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
· Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
· Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
· Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
· Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
· Multimedia University (MMU)
· International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIPS
· Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
PRIORITY STUDY AREAS
· Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
* Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
· Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
GENERAL CONDITION OF AWARD
- Scholarship holder must undertake full-time studies for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies at a campus of Malaysian Universities. It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholarship holders must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from their university and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders must follow the approved programmes and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension, including suspension due to illness.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
How to Apply: All applications should be made ONLINE through Ministry of Education’s website.
When is the application deadline?
Applications for the MIS Scholarships are currently closed and will be updated once it is open for application.
For further information visit: