USM–Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) Joint Fellowship Scheme
USM-VIED Joint Fellowship Scheme is expected to benefit aspiring Doctoral students from Vietnam to pursue their degree in Universiti Sains Malaysia. Through this merit based programme, VIED shall support the recipient's accommodation and return air fares between Penang and Vietnam while Universiti Sains Malaysia will provide fellowship grants.
Universiti Sains Malaysia is a Malaysia’s premier public university with research and teaching facilities, experience, and a multi-disciplinary team of experts from among its staff members to undertake the creation, development, dissemination and application of knowledge that can contribute towards achieving the Malaysian Government goal of nation building.
- USM-VIED Joint Fellowships are tenable in the Schools, and Centres of excellence in Universiti Sains Malaysia for a period of up to three years for studies leading to a PhD degree in the chosen area.
- The academic year in Malaysia begins in September and the second semester in February of each year, following the year of applicant. However, research mode student are allowed to register at any time of the year, preferably at the beginning of the new semester.
- Candidates will enrol for their PhD at a School/Centre in Universiti Sains Malaysia and must observe USM's academic calendar and be ready to start their fellowship.
- The language of instruction is English
Who is Eligible to Apply?
The VIED Joint Fellowship Scheme is open to a potential Vietnamese postgraduate students who wish to pursue full time Doctoral studies in various research fields with Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree (CGPA≥3.25) or equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government; and
- A coursework/mixed mode Master’s Degree (CGPA≥3.25) or a research mode Master's Degree with at least 1 article published in peer-reviewed journals or equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government.
- Academic honours, awards and scholarships.
- Other postgraduate degrees.
- Conference papers.
- Past relevant research.
How to Apply
Download the application form and please read through the instructions and guidelines in applying and submitting your application.
Click here to download application form