TWAS-USM Post Doctoral Research Fellowship
Established as the second University in the country, Universiti Sains Malaysia is located at Minden approximately 9.7 kilometers from the city of Georgetown, Penang. The University which is based on the School System offers courses ranging from the Liberal Arts, Basic Sciences, Applied Sciences, Engineering, Medical Sciences to Management.
The University now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of TWAS-USM Post Doctoral Research Fellows in any of the following fields:
- Advanced Materials
- Information Technology
- Agriculture & Aquaculture
- Alternative Energy
- Engineering Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Medical Sciences
Candidates for the post of a TWAS-USM Post Doctoral Fellowships should:
- be permanent residents in a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- applicants on site are not eligible to apply;
- apply within 5 years of completion of their PhD qualification;
- hold a university degree and a minimum qualification is a PhD degree;
- be a regular employee in a developing country and hold a research assignment;
- not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- provide evidence that he/she will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family member; and
- have an official acceptance at an eligible department, institution or laboratory of Universiti Sains Malaysia;
- the deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September of each year. For further information, contact www.twas.org
Salary is disbursed in the form of an honorarium ranging from MYR6,000 per month. Honorarium earned in Malaysia is subject to Malaysian Income Tax.
TWAS will be responsible for providing travel support to and from Malaysia and will also cover visa related expenses and, for stays longer than 12 months, excess luggage costs upon completion. USM will provide paid annual leave of 14 days, free medical benefits for fellow in the University's Wellness Centre (Pusat Sejahtera). Candidates are advised to take up a medical insurance in Malaysia.
Selected candidates will be appointed on contract for one year initially and renewable for further periods (up to a maximum of three years) subject to satisfactory service and mutual consent.
The application form for successful applicants is available here. Send a full curriculum vitae, 1 page synopsis of research interest, three references, copies of degree certificates and academic transcripts (Bachelor, Masters and PhD) and relevant key publications (1 – 4 will do) in international journals to the
Institute of Postgraduate Studies,
Universiti Sains Malaysia,
If you have any queries regarding this scheme please email email@example.com