TWAS-USM Visiting Researcher
Established as the second University in the country, Universiti Sains Malaysia is located at Minden approximately 9.7 kilometers from the city of Georgetown, Penang. The University which is based on the School System offers courses ranging from the Liberal Arts, Basic Sciences, Applied Sciences, Engineering, Medical Sciences to Management.
The University now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of TWAS-USM Visiting Researcher in any of the following fields:
- Agriculture & Aquaculture
- Engineering Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Medical Sciences
Candidates for the post of a TWAS-USM Visiting Researcher should:
- be permanent residents in a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- applicants on site are not eligible to apply;
- be a maximum age of 55 years by 31 December in the year of application;
- hold a PhD degree and a regular research assignment with at least 5 years of post doctoral research experience;
- be a regular employee in a developing country and hold a research assignment;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family member; and
- have an official acceptance at an eligible department, institution or laboratory of Universiti Sains Malaysia;
- the deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September of each year. For further information, contact www.twas.org
Salary is disbursed in the form of an honorarium ranging from MYR7,500.00 per month. Honorarium earned in Malaysia is subject to Malaysian Income Tax.
TWAS will be responsible for providing travel support to and from Malaysia and will also cover visa related expenses. USM will provide free medical benefits for fellow in the University's Wellness Centre (Pusat Sejahtera). You are advised to take up a medical insurance in Malaysia.
Selected candidates will be appointed on contract for one to three months
The application form for successful applicants is available here..Send the completed form to the
Institute of Postgraduate Studies,
Universiti Sains Malaysia,
11800 USM Penang.
If you have any queries regarding this scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org