WHAT IS THE SYMPOSIUM OF THE USM FELLOWSHIP HOLDERS?
It is a conference for the USM Fellowship holders’ discussion of some topic especially one in which the participants form an audience and make presentations. It is an opportunity for all holders to discuss, and exchange ideas on their respective researches. The symposium is part of an ongoing process of meeting the publication criteria by the Fellowship holders.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SYMPOSIUM
- Debate openly and critically the ideas within researches of Fellowship holders with the aim of learning lessons and improving their presentation skills.
- Instil vibrant writing and publication activities amongst the holders
- Identify potential papers to be submitted to the ISI listed journals and journal in the SCOPUS database
- The Symposium will take 2 days. It should gather all USM Fellowship holders, and be intensive and participatory.
- The presentation session guides participants through the steps needed to become an excellent academic writer, and an effective presenter and to reflect their standing as a USM Fellowship holder.
- Symposium will be conducted in English, given the various diversified backgrounds of the holders.
HISTORY OF THE SYMPOSIUM OF USM FELLOWSHIP HOLDERS
Since the introductory of the USM Fellowships in 2007, the Institute of Postgraduate Studies strives to produce a quality Fellowship holder, who is an all-rounder, academically and socially engaged.
The first symposium was successfully held from 14-15 November 2009 with submission and presentation of over 200 papers by particpants. In the symposium holders are expected to be able to connect their ideas globally through fresh and vibrant researches
WHO LEADS THE SYMPOSIUM?
The Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS) oversees the preparation, implementation, monitoring and review of the USM Fellowship holders in close collaboration with prominent academicians from the University as reviewers and critiques.
To support the Symposium, IPS established a Working Group on the symposium, which brings together the USM Vice-Chancellor Awards Recipients and the USM Student Ambassadors to instil leadership values alongside making the symposium a success.