Vice-Chancellor Award for Arts 2011
Full time Universiti Sains of Malaysia research mode students pursuing the field of Arts are invited to apply for the USM Vice-Chancellor for Arts 2011. Awardees are expected to devote their time to academic activities such as research, publishing articles and participate in IPS events/School/Centre’s assignments and activities.
- Offered to support research in the Arts
- Aims to instill admirable values amongst postgraduate students both academically and socially
- Monthly allowance of RM3,000.00 for a maximum of 3 years (subject to yearly evaluation)
- Tuition and examination fees covered
- Must be a current Universiti Sains Malaysia full-time research mode Doctoral candidate with a CGPA of ≥ 3.40 with Honours for Bachelor’s Degree
- Published at least one article in any ISI-indexed journal or presented papers in at least 2 renowned conferences
- Not open to postgraduates with financial support (e.g. other stipends, salaries, scholarships) except USM Fellowship holders
Applicants engaged in various non-academic activities (community activities, charity work, educational services, others) and those who have demonstrated leadership in these activities are encouraged to apply.
- Download Application Form from www.ips.usm.my
- Applications should be submitted to the Institute of Postgraduate Studies before 24th March 2011
- Prior endorsement from the Dean/Director of the applicant’s respective School/Centre is required. Applications without endorsement will not be entertained