Active PhD candidates who have not graduated are eligible to participate in 3MT competition.
Nomination of contestants must be done via Schools/Centres/Institutes of each participated contestants to Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS). Direct submission of application to IPS by contestants will not be entertained.
- Only one (1) static Power Point slide is permitted (no slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description, the slide is to be displayed from the beginning of the oration).
- No additional electronic media (e. g sound and video files) is permitted.
- No additional props (e. g costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentation are limited to three minutes (maximum) and /presentations exceeding three minutes are disqualified.
- Presentation are to be spoken word (e .g no poems, raps, songs).
- Presentation is to commence from the stage.
- The three minutes started as student commences via movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
- Ability to explain the research within time given
- The selection of suitable and appropriate words
- Ability to attract the audiences’ attention
- Body Language that suits the tone of the presentation
3. Communication Style
- The research is clearly and effectively communicated
- Logical slide presentation
- Easy to follow