Master of Public Health
The course aims to produce competent medical officer who will provide professional healthcare service to the community, conduct research in public healthcare and impart professional knowledge to the graduate and postgraduate students.
Semester I (22 units)
- Fundamental of Biostatistics
- Principle of Epidemiology
- Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases
- Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases
- Research Methodology
- Medical Sociology
- Research Project
Semester II (18 units)
- Introduction to Multivariate Analysis
- Occupational Health
- Environmental Health
- Health Management
- Family Health
- Community Health
- Health Promotion
Applicants should possess the following:
- An MD, MBBS, MBCHB or its equivalent degree from a recognised university and registered with Malaysian Medical Council.
- Minimum 2 years experience after graduation, either in hospitals or other institutions. Priority will be given to applicants possessing working experience in the field of Public Health.
- A pplicants may be required to attend an interview or a pretest.
- In good mental and physical condition.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Results must be attached with the application form.
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 4 semesters