Doctor of Business Administration
The DBA programme provides an opportunity for senior managers and other professionals to gain understanding
of the latest management theories and practices. The programme will also prepare candidates for consultancy
or any other professional endeavours.
Part I: Theoretical Updating (18 units)
- Management Control and Decision Making
- Human Capital Transformation
- Financial Decision Making
- Managing Technology and Decision Making
- Marketing and Global Business
- Trend and Foresights in Business Strategy
Part II: Knowledge Dissemination and Generation (21 units)
Dissemination of Knowledge
- - Consultation and Training
- Generation of Knowledge
- Research Methodology
Part III: Dissertation (42 units)
- - Dissertation and viva-voce.
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Master's degree in Management or Master Business Administration (MBA) from a universityrecognised by the USM's Senate or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent.
- To attend a pretest interview before the final selection.
- Degrees awarded by local private institutions of higher learning including those awarded under any collaborative/franchising schemes with local or foreign partners must be accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- A minimum of five years relevant working experience.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language); or
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (InternationalEnglish Language Testing System); or
- Passed the USM's Intensive English Course LevelIV with a minimum score of Grade B
Full-time: Min 7 semesters / Max 10 semesters
Part-time: Min 10 semesters / Max 14 semesters