Master of Arts - Communication
The programme is broad based to meet the needs of a wide range of candidates. It provides students with the opportunity to develop sound understanding of major communication theories and research specifically in the study of journalism, communication and societal issues, technology and culture.
Students are required to complete 40 units comprising three core courses and a dissertation:
Core Courses (12 units)
- Advanced Communication Theory
- Quantitative Communication Research Methods
- Qualitative Communication Research Methods
Dissertation (28 units)
Candidates are required to conduct a research in a communication-related area under the supervision of an academic staff and write a dissertation.
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Communication
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (with Hons) in related areas.
- Malaysian applicants should obtain a least a credit in Bahasa Malaysia at SPM level or its equivalent
- Foreign applicants are required to have a minimum score of 550 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or passed USM’s Intensive English Course Level 3. Results must be attached with the application form.
Full-time: Min 3 semesters/ Max 6 semesters
Part-time: Min 4 semesters/ Max 8 semesters