• USM Official Email ONLY
• Matric Number
• IC / Passport Number
• Topic/Title of Items to be Scanned
Service Level Agreement
• To perform scanning
• To print
reports with results
• 5 working days
|3: Return of Report
• From firstname.lastname@example.org
• To USM Official Email
• Reply with attachment including report on 6th working day
• Perform correction/improvement of your
writing based on the report
• Resubmit to IPS for next
checking until satisfactory (optional)
10 Copies Draft
• Encouraged to submit together with final (best) report with
10 Copies Form and Theses
1. Do I have to come to IPS personally to submit my documents?
No human interaction required
2. Do I have to come to IPS to collect the reports?
No. It will be delivered to your email directly on the 6th working
day or earlier
3. What will I do with the reports?
To improve on your writing by checking on possibility of direct
copy of texts
4. Is it compulsory to use this software for all our writing?
No. At this stage we are encouraging all postgraduate students to
use this service to improve their writing of theses for it’s trial
run and eventually it will be required to submit the report"
5. Will there be any charges for using this service?
No. At the moment IPS is providing this service for free.
6. Is there a limit on sending documents for each student?
No. You can send in as many times as you like, and the SLA will
be the same
7. If I submit for the second time and so on, do I have
to follow the same Template?
8. If I submit for the second time and so on, do I still
have to wait for 5 days?
Yes. The same SLA will follow. However, it might be earlier depending
on availability or less detection after corrections/amendments
9. Is this tool/service provided for theses checking only?
No. You can send in for any writing or working paper and assignments
i.e. Journals, Papers to be published
10. What are the format of files/documents to be sent?
All text edit formats i.e. doc, pdf, rtf and etc.